Thursday, October 25, 2012

RCI Oasis - Something for Everyone

I had the great pleasure of attending a Travel Conference last May on RCI's mega cruise ship The Oasis.  The Oasis is one of the largest cruise ships on the sea.  Launched in 2010, the ship has a capacity of 6,296 passengers just slightly less passengers then RCI's newest mega cruise ship, the Allure launched in 2011 and part of the same class of ships. 

My first thoughts about the possibility of 6296 passengers was "No Way", not for me.  I visualized bumping into people and long lines.  However, I really wanted to see some of the great new "fun" features like the zip line and not 1, but 2 flow-riders.  I'm happy to report that the Oasis is anything but small and cramped.   I never felt crowded and in fact didn't even have to get up early to grab a seat by the pool, although, this was in early May. 

The Oasis was packed full of things to do and places to eat.   I literately did not get to see everything, even after 7 days on the ship.  The "Central Park" had an elevator "bar" that moved from ship floor to ship floor, sometimes with their own musicians.  Your eating venues range from the typical cruise dinning rooms to new choices like a variety of Central Park restaurants or wine tasting in Central Park itself while watching a painter.  You can take in a Boardwalk restaurant while watching the astonishing synchronized diving.  The Oasis had a large selection of entertainment but requires planning to schedule some shows a head of time.  I was personally blown away with the Beatlemania show, the skydiving/swimming show and the musical HairSpray, top notch all the way.  The ship is packed with such a variety of choices that it is sure to be a hit with all ages and a great choice for those planning a multi-generational group trip.   RCI's Allure ship has many of the same features and is also part of the OASIS class of ships, I can't wait to try it too.

I hope to give you more insights into the Oasis and the great time we had soon.  However, RCI has some great news for my local customers. Our home port, Baltimore will see a new RCI ship in 2013.  RCI has completed a $48 million makeover of the Grandeur of the Seas in June 2013 and many of the new upgrades are the same as amenities available on Royal Caribbean’s Oasis and Allure.  The Oasis is a wonderful ship that I highly recommend, but for those wishing to cruise from our home port, the Grandeur is sure to be a hit too.

1 comment:

  1. I was getting . . . hey, do we see a pattern here? ... I was getting out of another relationship at the time and I thought, 'What is going on? Should I marry this person or not?' In the bridge of the song, it says, 'Maybe I'll settle down, get married/ Or stay single and stay free/ Which road I'll travel is still a mystery to me.' But I realized I didn't have to make that decision in that moment. I realized I could sit there, dangle my feet in the water and have another beer.
    Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Flights to Windhoek
    Cheap Air Tickets to Windhoek

    ReplyDelete